Theodore Blanc and Antoine Demilly acquired their photographic studio in rue Grenette, Lyton following the First World War. The two friends both married daughters of the previous owner, Edouard Bron, one the the pioneers of French studio photography, who won the Gold Medal for Photography in 1901. Demilly was Bron's apprentices and Blanc was a keen amateur photographer. After taking over the studio, Blanc and Demilly assumed a single artistic identity and throughout their careers, regardless of who took the photograph, they signed the image with the moniker, Blanc et Demilly' in bright red chinagraph.
Under Blanc and Demilly, the Photographic studio boomed and at its high point, employed 30 technicians largely because they adopted the latest technology, which in the 1920s were the revolutionary portable cameras the Leica and Rolleiflex. While the business succeeded, they were able to continue to photograph for their own artistic endeavours. Throughout their careers they experimented with a range of techniques and technologies, and explored a range of subject from portraiture, still life, nudes and abstraction. During their prolific careers they published a number of books and in artistic journals with their peers Brassai, Doisneau and Man Ray. Their photographs are held in the collections at the Bibliotheque Nationale, The Art Institute of Chicago and The Pompidou.